Monday, November 19, 2007

When you turn 31 you...

Get sick. Apparently that was the case with me last week. I made it through my birthday just fine - thanks to a great day with the kids, Knut came home early and made us a delicious dinner. Thank heavens for the meat department at Central Market! It has been a long time since we last had steak and Knut did a perfect job.

Not only did he make me dinner, bring me flowers and a bottle of wine, he also got me my #1 gift request - my new Fuzzy North Face jacket, which I've worn almost every day since. Love it!

And after dinner my parents came by to drop off my birthday present... a sewing machine! I have wanted one FOREVER. Actually, I've wanted one since I was in high school and I could never get my mom's to work. And I since I invested all that time in middle school home-ec learning how to make a scotty dog pillow, I have got to put those old skills to use! I'm one step closer now that I also bought thread, scissors and pins this weekend... Hopefully it will not be sequestered to the "closet of fallen hobbies" which holds scrapbooking, stamping, braided-rug, and card making paraphernalia.

Fast forward to Friday night with Leslie and a delicious meal at Hill's in Richmond Beach. It was so fun Les, please forgive me as I inhaled my meal and probably talked with my mouth full (we just have so much to talk about!)

Saturday was a day of luxury courtesy of my marvelous M. Mikelle took me out to a fabulous pedicure at Julep. Run if you must people, but GO THERE. I loved it. Thank you Mikelle for a wonderful birthday treat and for lunch and catching up.

From Friday on, I've been a little ill - and my body can't decide if I have a head cold or the flu. A little of both, maybe? My nap today sure helped... Hopefully a good night sleep will help too.

Thank you to everyone for the gifts, the birthday greetings and most of all your presence in my life. What a lucky girl I am!

No comments: