Wednesday, November 21, 2007

One year ago today...

I went to Costco in the pouring rain and nearly had a heart attack. As I was getting out of the car, a lady came right next to me and opened her car door. No big deal, usually, except that Perry thought she was attacking me and nearly jumped out of the car to get her. I lost my breath (and at 8.7 months pregnant, you don't have much breath to begin with) and had to sit back down. We all relaxed for a few minutes and then I grabbed Silja and ran for the Costco entrance.

Inside, I did my usually shopping, except that this time the Costco pack of Duraflame logs were my impulse buy. So I hefted the 40 lb. box up and into my cart.

And then I went to the car and hefted the box out of the cart and into the car. Then I lifted the box from my car onto the floor of our garage.

3 hours later my water broke. Gee, ya think? Jens came quickly after that and could have had a birthday today if I hadn't held that last push to 12:08 am....

As I tell this story I have a rush of grief for my friend Perry. Sometimes it is strangely nice to be on the protected end of a barking dog.

Quick, before you get too busy, kiss your dog. Or, even better, let him or her kiss you!

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Happy Birthday (tomorrow) Jens! Wow...I cant beleive he is already one...this year has flown by! We love you sweet boy!