Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Longtime, No Blog

Again, another way overdue post about what has been happening with us lately...

A few milestones to note - Jens is saying Hi. Love it! He will also say Kitty only when he is at my mom's house, as he is hitting poor Maggie the kitty over the head with his fist. We are really working on "gentle" at home right now...

This weekend marked the last family get together at my Grandma's house. After a long time, she finally sold her house & rhododendron nursery and is moving on to a more managable property. She found a house only a few blocks away that is perfect for her.

It was a little bittersweet to see the place again on Saturday, knowing it was the last time we'd all be there together. We've had years of amazing Easter egg hunts in a magical forest, and I'll never forget those fun times with all of my cousins.

And the Rhodies! I'll miss the beautiful trees with flowers of all colors, and the amazing way my grandparents loved those plants. Did anyone know I have rhododendron named after me? So do my siblings and cousins. I think Knut does too...

We rented a cider press and all brought apples - and the cider is amazing. Great idea, Dad!

Here are some pictures of the day... The Staab family sure has grown!


Jens and I "walking" which he loves to do and it kills my back.


The cider press was quite a contraption... But it worked great and we made gallons of cider in about 30 minutes!


Yum! Does anyone know of a cocktail drink recipe that uses fresh cider?


Jens had some snuggle time with his Nama...


Silja is a country girl at heart. Give her some boots and she'll be happy. They found frogs, and my uncle Dennis almost convinced her to hunt for snakes. Thankfully, she takes after me and got the shivers and said "I don't think so!"

No comments: