Yeah, yeah, yeah. This post is way overdue, this girl never updates her blog, blah, blah, blah. I have a zillion excuses for my procrastination but like I think I said in an earlier blog, I'm not going to apologize anymore.
We've had a lot going on. Here is the scoop:
1. I'm working more. We've been so blessed for the past 4 years that I haven't had to work very much and Knut's business has been growing steadily. And now we're unfortunately feeling the trickle down effects of the economy on Knut's business. People can't get financing to do big remodels, people can hardly afford their homes much less afford to fix them up, etc. Not that he isn't busy - he is, we just don't have the luxury of knowing what will come within the next few months like we used to. So, I'm a workin' mama these days. It isn't my ideal situation, but it keeps us more comfortable and just makes sense for the time being.
2. The kids are hilarious. Silja would like to be a veterinarian and a ballet dancer when she grows up, and Jens alternates between wanting to be Batman and a fireman and Snow White. He can be found most often dressed in a princess dress while bashing his Matchbox cars against the wall.
3. I had an exciting experience a few weeks ago - I helped a family have their first baby. Back in September, I took a doula training course. What is a doula? A doula is a childbirth support person - someone who helps you get the birth you want while helping you get through the birth you end up with. I am working toward my doula certification, and offered to help a sweet family with their first baby. It was awesome, amazing and reminded me how much I appreciate the miracle of birth. I hope to do this more often as time allows - and have thought of eventually changing careers and possibly going back to school for nursing or becoming a nurse-midwife. Definitely not in the near future, but perhaps when the kids are in school.
4. Life continues to be crazy. Every weekend brings family gatherings, birthday parties, plans with friends, the occasional and usually partially finished household project... Such is life!
That's it for now. Love to you all....
Wednesday, March 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment