Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Merry Christmas!

Wow - a moment of quiet... the snow is slowly melting and I'm all geared up for our Christmas eve celebration tonight and everyone in the house is silent. I am truly enjoying the calm before the storm! We have been loving the snow - making the most of the cozy time inside and the chilly time outside!

It has been so fun to see the kids excitement for Christmas this year. They are so into it - at least Silja is, and she has been on her best behavior knowing that someone is watching her every move (I wonder how much more mileage I can get out of that threat after Christmas?) and saying the funniest things that I just love... My favorite recent Silja quote is "we can't have a fire on Christmas Eve because we'll burn Santa's bottom!"

The kids have been loving the snow - they are eating and sleeping like crazy, it must be all that fresh air. I remember that feeling from ski school - coming home with my cheeks blazing and just crashing from exhaustion while Steve Miller songs kept running through my head...

My goal this Christmas is to take little of the joy I feel now and save it in my pocket for later in 2009. I love that at Christmas people seem nicer (when they are not driving like maniacs) and there just seems to be a feeling of palpable joy, peace and hope. (I'm sure when Knut reads this he will roll his eyes, but hey, who knows the blog password?)

We are so blessed with our family, our health and our friends. We're wishing the same for you and can't wait to spend more time with you in the new year! Merry Christmas!



No comments: