Sunday, November 9, 2008

Birthday time again...

November is a crazy month for us, since we have 3 birthdays in the span of just over 3 weeks... Knut started us off by turning 32 on Nov. 6. Happy Birthday Honey! We laid low on his big day but had a yummy dinner and dessert. Steak with blue cheese & bruschetta and these delicious little custard pastries from Trader Joe's - yep, no homemade cake this year, it was a work night for me! But it was delicious. Knut ate like it was his last supper, and complained about it for the rest of the night. Seriously, the steak was like a 20 ouncer! Crazy.

I also surprised Knut and planned a weekend away at the beach, during his favorite season -- rainy and windy fall. We camped at Grayland Beach state park just south of Westport, and we tried something new by staying in a yurt. For all ya'll who don't know what a yurt is, click here. I was amazed to find out that they have them at several state parks in WA and they are awesome! The weather was horrible, except for a brief sunbreak yesterday afternoon and we played on the beach until it passed (actually the kids played while Knut and I tried to untangle his new kite strings). We'll definitely be going there again, it was a very nice park. I'd love it if it were 80 degrees with an ever so slight breeze. The chances are slim, but I'm thinking late August next summer!

I have no photos to show for this weekend - between the constant rain and our horrible hair due to the moisture & wind, I decided to leave the camera in the car. I know, bad mom, but seriously people, a picture of me in rain gear and greasy hair just ain't gonna happen. And I know Knut well enough to know he would have taken as many shots of me as possible, then zoom in on them later to show me what I look like "up close and personal."

No comments: