Thursday, August 28, 2008

Summer Dump Part 1

Like a hoarder who desperately needs to clean house, I know I need to do this and it is really overdue. This summer has flown by, and we haven't been that busy. We've been enjoying the weather, playing outside and going on fun little trips with our families and friends.

Way back in June - June 23 to be exact, Silja had her 4th birthday, which was really fun and really sad for this mom watching her baby grow up. Every day she grows a little more, learns new things and it makes me so excited for the future... She worked on learning her letters and her phone number this summer - mission accomplished! (we made a sign for her room with our phone number on it and recited it every night before bed for about 2 weeks, and it worked!) Here she is on her birthday with her new cowgirl boots:


We spent nearly a week in Cannon Beach with my family and siblings over the 4th of July. The weather wasn't the best, but we made the most of it, and the kids had so much fun playing at the beach. The boys went surfing one day, we went to the super fun Cannon Beach parade, and ate lots and lots of salt water taffy. Thanks mom and dad for letting us crash at the big house, hopefully we can do it again next year!
Here are a few pics of the kids enjoying the beach, in the rain:





And this one picture is funny because Jens was waving his flag at the parade like it was a job. His arms were probably sore after!



Abbi posted some other cute pictures from our trip on her Facebook page - if you can't see them, then you need to sign up for Facebook! (-:

The rest of July was a blur - I know we went to our friend Dave's cabin for a weekend and Knut dug for gooeyducks. What happened to the rest of July, I'm not sure.

That is it for now... Next time I'll tell ya what we did in August!

2 comments:

Jaime said...

girl! its about damn time you posted something. :) i loved reading about your summer! silja is adorable in her cowboy boots! and jens can charm anybody with that smile of his. :) what a great picture of him in the sand at cannon beach!

Leslie said...

I love that you did a post...I have been patiently waiting! Great pictures!