We had so much fun earlier in the month at our friends the Cloutier's annual Santa party... Santa Al was there again and the kids were so surprised when he walked in the door with a big huge bag of presents. Each child sat on Santa's lap and got a present. It was so sweet. Thanks again, Chris & Dennis (and Tammy!)
Here are a few pictures:

And what could have been a cute family picture if Knut wasn't blinking!
Later that week, Silja had her first preschool performance. We were all floored when she didn't sing one word. "But I did ring my bells, Mommy," she said. With her flair for being dramatic and her frequent impromptu "performances" I was really shocked at her shyness. This picture pretty much sums it up:
I did get a cute picture of Jens and his Bestemor at the after-party:
The social calendar was nice and light from then until Christmas, but we were busy shopping and slowly ramping up for what was a very busy three days of Christmas.
On Sunday, the 23rd we celebrated with my mom's family at my Grandma Billie's new house. It was great to see her all settled in, and the house is perfect for her. We look forward to many family get togethers there in the future.
That night we headed up to Renton to Kristi and Anthony's to celebrate with Knut's dad. We had a great time, and what a meal! Thanks for sharing the awesome prime rib, Jeff and Sonja!
Christmas eve we had a really nice day with my family at my parent's house. And yet another great meal (needless to say Knut and I are on a diet after all these fancy meals).
We got home at a reasonable hour and the kids opened their one Christmas Eve present... jammies, like usual. They even let me take their picture and then promptly melted down one minute later. After all, they'd been working full-time at having good behavior for two full days at that point!
Christmas morning was nice and quiet at our house with the music provided by Silja's new Barbie guitar and keyboard. Jens opened no presents this year (he did get them, just didn't want to open them), he really wasn't into it at all. He was way more into the boxes... Future UPS worker maybe?
That afternoon we headed to Gig Harbor and enjoyed the White Christmas drive. We had a fun evening with all of Knut's siblings and had a really nice traditional Norwegian Christmas meal. Lutefisk was served and Knut forcefully made me eat a bite this year. Really not that bad when you let it slide down your throat without it making contact with your tongue...
I have no pictures from Christmas eve or Christmas day... What was I thinking? I don't think I was, that's it!
We took down our tree tonight, and it feels like the holidays are long gone. We do have a fun New Year's party to look forward to, and I for one, am happy to be moving on!
I do hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas. We must have sang Happy Birthday to Jesus about a hundred times this December, and every time Silja wanted to light and blow out the candles "for Him" I tried to remember what Christmas is all about. I hope you all remembered too, and that the peace of Christmas follows you into the coming year.
1 comment:
Cym - I loved reading your holiday blog! and your family pic w/ knut blinking is priceless. :) your family is beautiful and silja and jens are so precious! thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment